Ortega y Gasset Projects is pleased to announce an Open Call for a brand new Flat Files program at OyG!
The Flat Files at OyG: 2020 will open with an exhibition on Saturday, January 11, 2020. The program will continue in our flat files until December 2020. Participating artists and individual works will be promoted and featured on OyG social media outlets, exhibition press release, our mailing list, and our website for purchase. All works will be available for visitor browsing at OyG.
Visual artists working in drawing, painting, collage, photography, fiber, and other two-dimensional media are encouraged to apply. The artists will be selected by the OyG Co-Directors based on the quality of their work and commitment to their practice.
We are excited to develop and share this new program with you, as we continue to support unrecognized and deserving artists. We look forward to discovering your work!
HOW TO APPLY:
- 5 images of work including: title, year, media, dimensions, price.
- Dimensions should be no longer than 20" MAX, and 1/2" thick MAX. Any works that exceed these dimensions will not be considered.
- Each image should be no larger than 1200 pixels on the longest dimension.
- File should be labeled as such: LastName_FirstName_Title_Year.jpg
- Submitted work should be unframed and unmounted.
CV: 2 pages max
- Please provide us with two references who can talk about your work and practice.
- Please include: name, title/organization, relationship, email address. We will only contact these individuals if need be.
ARTIST STATEMENT: 200 words MAX.
APPLICATION FEE: $20
- 20 - 30 artists will be selected for the 2020 Flat Files at OyG for a duration of 12 months (January through December 2020).
- Each artist will have two works in the Flat Files at OyG.
- All works will be featured and available for sale on OyG's website.
Application opens: August 12, 2019
Deadline: Monday, September 16, 2019, midnight, EST
Notification: November 12
Exhibition: January 11 - 19, 2020
Opening reception: Saturday, January 11, 6:00 PM - 9:00 PM
Please email email@example.com if you have any questions about the Flat File program.